Tuesday 4 November 2014

Coloured Crackle for Umbrella Man


Over at Linda Ledbetter's website the latest Tim technique to try is Coloured Crackle out of Compendium of Curiosities 3. 
The Funkie Junkie Boutique is the sponsor of this challenge.

I decided to give Umbrella Man another change of clothes! I do like doing this and have another one half finished on my desk. Here is the link to Sunshine and Showers where he had his first transformation.

I treated Umbrella man as per Tim's instructions on Page 53.

My tag was treated with various colours of Distress inks:

I then used Tim's rays stencil, versamark and clear embossing powder to 'seal' some of the coloured areas. I then went over the whole tag with black soot - but of course it doesnt cover the embossed areas.

I stamped my words in Stazon - I love how it came out being stamped partly over ink and partly over the embossed areas.

A few more close ups:


And that is my Rainbow Umbrella Man - hope you like him!
I would also like to enter into:
Nikki
xxx

18 comments:

  1. That is SO inventive and affective! LOVE the rainbow look. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nikki, this is brilliant, I love how you did the colours, Umbrella Man never looked so good! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag with the wonderful colours and the dyed ribbon to match

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful,love the fab colours and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Nikki! I love the suggestion of rain & rainbow. Colored crackle works perfectly on Umbrella Man who, of course, needed a change of clothes. Very, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should be called rainbow man or rainman now 😊 loving the colours and the cracking is wonderful Nikki,a little tag of happiness!

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colourful Umbrella man, it's a great tag.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag Nikki! Love the vibrant colours! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Nikki and so loving all the multi colours with the image and crackle
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love , love your 'umbrella man'. The colors are wonderful and remind me so much of the '60's'. So it sounds like he is just one of many. I'm going to check out what the others look like. Well done...so clever...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Nikki, totally fantastic techniques, design and result to your finished tag. Love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. BRILLIANT background...love the technique and color! As for Umbrella Man...I'm blown away! HE ROCKS and so does your crackled technique! Amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us on the Colored Crackle challenge at CC3Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear.. These vibrant colors took my breath away !!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!!! Fabulous ! Thanks a lot for sharing a very different way to use this lovely classical Umbrella man...
    Hugs from Monica.... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS your link to Sunshine and Flower is'nt avaible. Or rather you did'nt add it as a link...will try to sesrch your blog.. Hope I can find it. I love this one and guess I'll love the first part of this transformation as well...lol.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your rainbow umbrella man Nikki! Love your Sunshine and Shower man too! Fabulous tags my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Love the way you created this tag! The crackle effect is perfect and the sentiment works so well with the image and background.

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz. Good luck and hope to see you back soon again!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the rainbow look on man and tag Nikki! very effective with the black - great job with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Nikki, what an awesome tag. I love the way you've colored Umbrella Man and the rays. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki