Monday 24 November 2014

Box it Up - Guest Design at Craft Hoarders Anonymous


Today is my second guest design slot over at the excellent Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. A big thank you to Gloria and the team for having me.

The current challenge is to 'Box it Up' - make a box, decorate a box - whatever takes your fancy. My box will be used as a gift - probably filled with chocolates!

I cut my box from kraft card and began decorating by taking a piece of manilla card stock. I created my background colour with yellow and green distress paints on my craft mat and swishing the card through. Once dry I filled any gaps with distress inks to match. I then cut my card to the fit the sides and top and decorated with stamped images. I distressed my edges and added butterflies, birds, swirls and my flower. Here are the 4 sides:





I would like to enter my little gift box into the Frilly and Funkie challenge - A Gift from the the Heart.
Thank you so much for visiting today. Back tomorrow with something a bit different!
Nikki
x

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box Nikki and I can't think of anything better then filling it with chocolates....just not coffee creams :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box. Love the gorgeous green colour shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have chosen some fantastic colours and embellishments and your box is beautiful... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning box Nikki! The box itself is a clever design and I totally LOVE the colours and images you chose, - beautifully embellished too, - LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work. Gosh I LOVE your box. So nice decorated. Elegant colors, swirls and stamping. It will look so pretty everywhere ( even here in my house... Lol )...
    Thank you for sharing your fab work.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning box with beautiful colours and stamping

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your box is just stunning! I love the process you used to achieve this wonderful color! Thanks for being a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! We are so pleased to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your whimsical box! Each side is full of detail! It's so beautifully pulled together with all your birds and butterflies. Thanks for joining and sharing over at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous color palette, Niki. Lots of yummy distressing and stamping. Such a beautiful piece! Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Frilly and Funkie this week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful and so perfectly 'aged' Nikki. I love the gentle distressing and the complimentary stamping and that flourish is a triumph. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nikki, I love your altered box!! It has a vintage feel with a touch of whimsy and tons of inspiration. I''m so happy you've joined us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge! I always enjoy your art!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki