Monday 25 August 2014

My first ATB - Hip to be Square


My first ATB! Thanks to a lovely friend for sending me a couple of samples of the wonderful Eileen Hull die, so I have been able to have a play.

Fortuitously it is 'Hip to be Square' at Frilly and Funkie - so I will throw by box in there.

I edged my white card with black DI before adding my layers. I decided to use a gelli plate print I had sitting around, so cut this to size and added black archival to the white edges. I had also been playing with some textures in autumnal colours so took one of these and die cut my leaves. My little butterflies were also from a prior project - a variety of embossing and inking on grungepaper and Tim Holtz paper stash leftovers. I took some little white flowers and spritzed them until I was happy!

I can see that these little things could get addictive - mine is quite simple - but was fun! Had a few issues photographing though.




Thanks for looking
Nikki
xxx



15 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the flowers and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Nikki, this is so gorgeous! Beautiful textures and I really love the pretty coloured flowers with the dark cube.. This is a gorgeous make and I hope ou win! I'll be keeping my inky fingers crossed for you!! ;) hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Nikki! A first?! You really should make lots more judging by this beauty. I love the drama of the splashes of colour against the black and white background. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my,this is stunning Nikki, I absolutely love it especially the combination of colours used. I think that die is sold out over here now so well done you for getting some die cuts to play with :) make sure you make loads more after this!

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the dramatic colour choices, works wonderfully, really taken with this piece Nikki.....still working on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nikki, this is fantastic! I love the colours and your flowers are just gorgeous with all that shimmer! Very eye catching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful piece Nikki! Great colour on the flowers and a fabulous background. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fabulous Nikki and I just love those flowers
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll done on creating your first ATB Nikki, I love your Gelli plate background and those flowers look stunning. You are so right about them being addictive! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nikki, what a great looking ATB, love your gelli plate backgrounds and stunning flowers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous ATB, Nikki!! I love how you've accented your color palette with the splash of bright and shimmery flowers. Stunning work! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nikki, this is really lovely.... .I LOVE the flowers... wild girl... love them...the whole box is GREAT.. .but the Flowers.. love flowers... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nikki! This ATB is really beautiful and the flowers just pop against the dark background. It reminds me of the chalkboard technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple you say - I say very effective and quite stunning. Love the flowers that pop on the top of the box. Also love how you have been able to use items from your stash to create such a beauty. Now if I could just get my stash under control. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful. I love this design. I love your work too
    and became a follower. Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki