Friday 6 March 2020

Celebrating our Anniversary at A Vintage Journey

Mixed Media Birthday Card with Tim Holtz Tattered Butterfly die

Hi everyone. A Vintage Journey is celebrating it's 6th Anniversary! I know blogs and challenge blogs have lost some of their popularity but this one is very dear to me. I have made good friends, many of who I have met because of this blog. I have also been inspired by many artists both from the Design Team and those who have entered our challenges.

Brenda who created and started this blog is our host this month. We are looking for Celebration themed creations - let us know what you are celebrating!

My card is for one of those crafty friends who celebrate their birthday this month.

My background is some printed paper which I added some washes on paint to to tone it down a little. I painted and crackled some corrugated card as the base for my Tattered Butterfly.


The butterfly was cut from greyboard and texture paste added which I randomly stamped into to create texture. Once dry I painted black, dry brushed with white and then added washes on paint.

Under the butterfly are some weird extra wings. These are actually part of a wildflower die that I altered and really wanted to use but it didnt work with my layout so I improvised. 


A few crackled arrows, some fibres....


and some little squares complete my card. I hope you like it!


We hope you will join us for our celebratory challenge. 
Nikki 
xxxxx

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful textures and colors on this beautiful framed piece Nikki! love the greens and oranges, the beautiful butterfly, the wood look background and corrugated piece and lovely whispy threads! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore all the textures here - that butterfly is beyond brilliant - and the colours are so original and so you! Like Julia, I love the wisps of thread adding movement and light and that gorgeous corrugated panel is a treat. Happy birthday us!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so beautiful Nikki, lots of amazing textures and fabulous composition layering all the pieces up. Another Nikki masterpiece, I love it.
    Thanks for celebrating another year of the AVJ blog and your beautiful art.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous make! The textures and colours look amazing - I love it 😁. It looks like you had lots of fun creating this too! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Happy birthday wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Nikki x The background details and textures are fabulous but the butterfly is amazing xx
    Huge hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your many-winged butterfly.... and the colors and textures abounding here are delightful! Quite wonderful make! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZERS! This is WONDERFUL. Love the layers and textures & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo this is absolutely fab, Nikki. Those colours, that texture, the grunginess, the design and composition - all spot on!

    Sorry for being late to visit . I got behind with blog visits and comments towards the end of last year and never really caught up . So I hope you will understand that I have had to draw a line under that and start over from this creative year Mar20 .

    Hugs
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki