Thursday 1 January 2015

Anniversary Celebrations


Happy New Year!

It is the first of the month and time for a new challenge at Country View Crafts. A great theme for the new year to 'use something new'. I took advantage of the CVC Advent offers and treated myself to some new layering stencils which I have used to make this card for my friend.

I have used latticework and stars stencils to create my background with distress inks. My darker layers were created by brayering some cardstock with distress paints. The numbers and stars were coloured with distress paints and a little embossing powder added to highlight them.


Hopefully you may have had some new crafty goodies for Christmas - so do play along with us at Country View Crafts challenges.

Nikki
xx


10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Nikki, I love the colours of your layered stencilled card and I am sure your friend will love it too. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2015 Nikki.

    Such a wonderful card and very special

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made wonderful use of your new stencils Nikki, the card is beautiful! Happy New Year to you too.... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Nikki,loving the sparkle ;)

    Have a fab 2015

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of your new stencils Nikki - great layers and I love your choice of colours. Happy New Year to you! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stencilling and such an elegant, subtle colour palette. You'll get lots of use out of those stencils I'm sure! Happy 2015!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous backgrounds with the stencils. Its a super card.
    Happy New Year wished to you and your family Nikki
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Nikki! I love the layered stencilling, I really need to try that technique! Your colours are so elegant, what a great Anniversary card! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikki love your card. The stencilling and all the layered die cuts look so great the way you arranged it. Also the numbers you used. The added emb powder makes a great impact.. Is it die cut numbers or thickers or similar.. ??
    Thanks for sharing.
    Wishing you a happy New Year. Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab Nikki, I love how you've combined these stencils xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki