Friday 30 September 2016

Wildflower Tag Friday

 Tim Holtz Wildflower Tag
It has been a busy old month here at Addicted to Art - lots of projects and posts (for me anyway!). As the month draws to a close it is Tag Friday at A Vintage Journey.
My tag began with a bit of PaperArtsy Chalk paint that was left on my craft mat - which I painted in patches on the tag and let dry. I then added some distress stains and a little water.
Love the effect this gives! 
Next I did some random stenciling and stamping to add extra depth and interest to the background. I also had some Wildflower die cuts on the desk so added some distress paints and as I wanted them to be quite solid added some gel paste.
I later added a little more colour when they were dry. To make them pop a little more on the similar toned tag I tore some book pages - added a little white paint and some distress ink. Some dyed white string and a hashtag saying completed my tag.
If you have time pay a visit to A Vintage Journey today for lots more Tag inspiration.
Nikki
xxx

16 comments:

  1. Love this Nikki, that painty, distressed background looks amazing and then the stencilling and wildflower additions have created a fantastic autumnal feel to the finished design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning tag Nikki x Love the background and those gorgeous dies xx

    TFs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh love this tag Nikki, gorgeously grungy :)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tag Nikki!! Great background and I just love how you finished it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this tag, Nikki - so clever how you created the pale glow on the book text to set off the flower stems, and the earthy colour palette and grungy look are fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour tones you achieved are completely gorgeous, your tag is so, so beautiful - love the stencilling and the wildflowers are so lovely! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so, so wonderful Nikki, tons of yummy texture, soft colours and a perfect design xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tag Nikki, imlove those rustic vintage tones set with the wildflower stems. Lovely design. Have a lovely weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tag! I think i need the wildflower dies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! My new favourite! This really is special! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the colors in your tag Nikki - it is summer turning to fall on a beautiful tag. So well done. S@ndy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tag! Nikki with a real vintaged distressed feel and great detail . x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vintage distressed tag! I love how you've finished those wildflowers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tag Nikki, wonderful autumnal colour palette and love the texture on your wildflowers. Thanks for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Nikki, I love the layers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki