Thursday 1 September 2016

Taking the scenic route

Hello and welcome September - my favourite month, I love late summer, early autumn here in the UK . Hopefully the weather is good today - as I write this in advance - I realise that on the 1st September I will be at a friend's wedding. 

And it's a busy day here at Addicted to Art too - if you missed my first post of the day - I am September's guest designer at That's Crafty - you can find it here.

Being the 1st of the month we introduce a new challenge at Country View Crafts - the theme being Travel. 

My card originated as a journal page with texture paste and finger painting with paper artsy fresco paints - followed my some stamping. I took some of the page and stamped the greeting and bird and cut them out. I added some chevrons to embellish and a little doodling with my white pen.
'til net time
Nikki 
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Your journal page turned into a beautiful card Nikki, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Nikki and what a great sentiment. The journalling style looks perfect as a card. Enjoy the wedding and safe travels to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Nikki! The finger painted background is fab and I like the monocrome style. Have fun at the wedding today!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Nikki - a gorgeous mix of colours and embellishments. I love the finger painted background - I can imagine what your hands were like after (lol!!). Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece Nikki, I love your colours...very calming.Enjoy the wedding..the sun is up here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh gorgeous card Nikki, beautiful colours used and I love that bird too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Nikki! I love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Nikki, I love your bird xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous work Nikki - love your colour and the bird looks fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you interpreted the theme ! Great card !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely painty layers in the background and such pretty colours too. Love your texty bird!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki