Friday 27 January 2017

Round and Round - Journal Page

Art Journal - Dina Wakely Paints - Circles
Happy Friday everyone! Every other Friday we have a new challenge over at the That's Crafty challenge blog. Today our new theme is Round and Round. This one is a little easier than the last one I think (for me anyway!) - so many possibilities - it's anything with circles. Do play along for your chance to £20 to spend at the That's Crafty shop. If you are anything like me - you may have a HUGE wishlist right now 😉

I went a bit mad with my circles on this journal page. I started with a random painty background using Dina Wakely paints, then added stencilling and stamping - pretty much all circle based. On a separate piece of card I created another background with the same paints and used circle framelits to create my rings of different sizes.
I arranged them on the page and added white and black to create light and shade around them all.
Have a great weekend,
Nikki
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Love the stand-out circles on the beautiful background

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages! Nikki. I just love the fluidity of circles. Lush colours and your light and shadow work gives a real dimension and wonderful 'pop' to all those cool circles.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh stunning Nikki,reminds me of under the sea
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really love this page, Nikki! The colors are right up my alley and and those die cut circles and the shadowing and highlighting you did on them give this so much dimension. Truly a great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous page Nikki. The background is so cool and the circles look wonderful on there. Your chosen text struck a chord with me too as I'm trying to do just that!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page Nikki, circles at their best!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The white and dark highlights work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors Nikki...and such a great flow to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you have balanced all the different types and sizes of circle, a gloriously integrated page

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning round project Nikki xx Love the fabulous colours too TFS and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is cool. Great use of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki