Tuesday 23 August 2016

Hot Summer Ombre

Distress Ink Ombre Emma Godfrey Stamps Nikki Acton
Happy Tuesday! Are you playing over at Country View Crafts this month? The theme is Hot Summer Days and I have created an ombre effect for this card using Distress Inks - lots of blending and avoiding finger prints!
Having created my background I heat dryed and stamped Emma Godfrey's flowers in archival and removed some of the ink with a water brush.
I then added ink back using the same three colours.
I added some highlights with my white pen, a little dragonfly from my stash and mounted my card.
Distress Ink Ombre Emma Godfrey Stamps Nikki Acton
Nikki
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Nikki, the colours really pop right out at you
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous citrus colours for a great and summery card !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ombre technique looks wonderful, I love the zingy colours and the flower are gorgeous! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of colours to illustrates hot summer days... which have finally reached the UK. Lovely card, Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Nikki, well done for not leaving fingerprints. Great idea to lift some of the ink. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki this is fabulous, and so clever. Well done you not to leave the fingerprints xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Nikki! Love the warm colors, just like a sundown
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki