Thursday 18 August 2016

Happy Cat!

I spent the day recently with Brenda Brown (Bumblebees and Butterflies) doing some art journaling. One of her techniques is to use an acrylic block to create a sort of controlled watercolour background. I have used this today on three cards.

You can see the process and other two cards over at Country View Crafts. The mdf cat is from Calico Craft Parts. This version will be heading off to my niece who recently qualified as a vet and has just secured her first job and is looking for a new home too. Not sure whether it is from me or Frankie (my cat) who is also very happy to have a vet in the family!
Nikki
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Terrific result with this technique and cute cat photograph.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Nikki and Frankie is a heartbreaker....love his little pink nose :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cat - I love your card and I really love that background!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome - this is brilliant Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nikki, love that background and of course the sweet kitty! Congrats to your niece, lots of fun new things on the horizon for her. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I really love this card Nikki, the background is beautiful and I just love that gorgeous cat! Frankie is adorable too... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Nikki, what a gorgeous background, and Frankie is soooo handsome! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, off to take a closer look and congratulations to your niece! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki