Sunday 1 March 2015

Be yourself


The first of the month and a busy time for new challenges including Country View Crafts - where to celebrate our Blogaversary the theme is Anything Goes.

I had to get out the fabulous Bird Crazy stamps from Tim Holtz. I started by spraying Iced Spruce distress ink and Dylusions Fresh Lime - and added some spashes of Cracked Pistachio distress ink. I only have the ink pad so just did this my spritzing my inked craft mat and swiping my cardstcock through it. I stamped my chosen crazy bird and added some mustard seed DI with a water brush.


The frame is the Tim Holtz postage stamp die on kraft core card - sanded back and vintage photo added.
For the background layer I added texture paste through a stencil and once dry spritzed with iced spruce and pumice stone distress sprays. As I wanted it to compliment the frame a little more I dry brushed some paper artsy chalk paint (space cadet). I added some stencilled letters with black soot distress paint and edged with vintage photo.


Finally I took some words from the new Big Chat stickers and added a little vintage photo.

Do pay a visit to the Country View Crafts challenge blog to see what the rest of the team have come up with.

I would like to enter my crazy bird into the following challenges:
The Artistic Stamper - Spring is coming
That Craft Place - Anything goes
Pan Pastel - Stencils It
Mixed Media Card Challenge - Hints of Spring (+ bird option)

Have a great Sunday.
Nikki
xxx


19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the bird and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little bird and the way you have used it on this very beautiful card

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these crazy looking birds! Your card is so cool! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah such a cute card Nikki,loving these birds and just waiting for my set to arrive ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun and fantastic card. Love the quirky bird.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nikki,
    I have not seen this bird before and I think it is so damn cute and ugly at the same time, I am loving the whole card very much.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun Nikki, I just love that bird stamp, I'm so jealous you can get your hands on Tim's new stuff!! Great bit with the burlap bow, love it!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bird stamps are so hilarious, great card Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stamp and what you've done with him (I think it's a he?!), fabulous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each time I see you ink up the crazy birds it just makes me want to get mine out - your card is fantastic Nikki, I just love it! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh my goodness, your card is stunning Nikki. Tim's bird never looked so wonderful :)
    Great layering and texture in the background.
    I am Pinning this card on my Pinterest board
    Thanks for joining us at Artistic stamper this month

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is really gorgeous hun,bless you for playing at That Craft Place this week,love hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab card and I just love those TH birdies!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card - great intense colour on the bird panel, and then those layers of texture variation - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww such a cute bird.. just want to give him a hug, and absolutely love your card too! thank you for playing at that craft place!
    Rachel, TCP DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with The Artistic Stamper challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing! Love the BG and the pop of green :) Thank you for sharing with MMCC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki