Tuesday 25 March 2014

Embrace Imperfection






Found this lovely little quote and thought I'd use it for a couple of 'Words' themed challenges.

A Quick summary:

The card is based on a Tim Holtz die - one part corrugated card, 2 parts card, 1 part a textured background I had made with acrylic texture medium etc. (Die borrowed at recent crop so not sure what it is!)

Painted all parts with fresco paints and added Rusty Hinge distress paint to some. Bit of stencilling (bricks), stamping (flowers with picket fence DP) and text and script in archival.
Some edging with gilding wax and ink.

I would like to add my words to:
A Vintage Journey - 'Say it with Words'
The Artistic Stamper - 'Letters, Words, Numbers'

Bad lighting for photos - may replace when I have more light!!

Nikki xx




5 comments:

  1. Nikki...your two cabinet card panels are gorgeous. I am a huge fan of anything that bends towards teal and your piece really caught my eye. I love your crackled effect you've done on your background and also on your butterfly. That sepia butterfly and sentiment along with the muted sepia and white stamping in the background really works perfectly with the teal. Thanks for sharing your art with us at A Vintage Journey. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely diptych - such natural earthy colours, and with that lovely crackle effect. I love the ghostly meadow flowers, and I think that quote is really true to the Tim Holtz spirit! Lovely work. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey, and at The Artistic Stamper with this beauty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely quote & gorgeous use of background techniques. Love the cabinet card dies. I only recently purchased them because I was worried that like some of the other older dies, they will be discontinued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could also be "Embrace Perfection" as seen in your project! The two panels make a stunning card with that crackle! Love the subtle images in the background! Happy you have joined us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki