I started by using tissue tape to hide the staples on the reverse of the canvas and gave the inside a coat of gesso. Not sure where I was going at this point - but in the end all the tissue tape is hidden!
I added various distress paints randomly on the 'frame' and once dry added clear embossing paste through Tim Holtz latticework stencil.
Once dry I took Deco Art Prussion blue and covered the frame - wiping it away from the embossed areas but letting dry in between.
For the inside of my canvas I added texture paste to the ornate frame cut from grunge board. I just added with my finger to create texture.
Once dry I added the same colours of distress paint and a little prussian blue to tone it down.
The butterfly was cut and embossed on card before sticking to a grungeboard die cut for strength. I used a black oil pastel to highlight the embossed areas.
I hope you like my colourful canvas - it really shines in the sunlight!