Hello and thanks for stopping by. I hope you are not rushing around doing last minute preparation (if you are you probably are not reading this!).
A little messy card today (with a bit of a mistake too!) for the Clarity Challenge where the theme is trees. I thought I would go autumnal rather than Christmas.
Here is a quick summary of the process:
1. Texture paste through clarity stencil onto card
2. Once dry added gesso and let dry
3. Add and marble various distress paints - allow to dry or heat
4. Sand back with paper or sanding block
All going well at this point!
5. Stamp trees and words onto tissue paper and once dry carefully glue onto background......still going well. At this point I got impatient and decided to apply heat - not a good idea as the tissue under the words buckled and stiffened as you can see.
I have a scheduled post tomorrow for my final Country View Crafts project of 2014 - I will be somewhere on the M25 travelling to family!
So Merry Christmas from me, thank you for your visits and wonderful comments in 2014. It has been my first year as a crafter and blogger and it has been great fun and lovely to 'meet' (albeit virtually in most cases) so many people.