Saturday 7 June 2014

Time to Remember


It is June and that means Father's Day and also it would have been my Dad's birthday. There are alot of challenges focussing around this theme this month. I decided to make a little book in memory of my Dad and also a very good male friend who passed away last year.

I must give credit for the idea and design of the book to the wonderfully talented Candy Colwell - I saw this a while ago and wanted to make a little book like it! Here is the link to Candy's great tutorial on how to put the book together. I didn't use money envelopes but just pieces of kraft card to make my pages.

The inside cover and first double page are for my Dad and the second double page and back cover for Ron. They had very different personalities so the themes are quite different! 

I used lots of Tim Holtz papers, stamps, inks, label letters, remnant rubs and alpha tiles. There are also a couple of Artistic Stamper stamps (the lovely girls) and the clock is from heartfelt creations.

For Dad:
Dad was an engineer and very precise and ordered so his collage page represents this.



For Ron:
Ron was more flamboyant, loved to travel and liked the ladies! I tried to represent this in his collage page.



So there is my little book...



I would like to enter this into:
and finally:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Like Clockwork (with my focus on time to remember I feel this is suitable)

Thanks for looking
Nikki
xxx


16 comments:

  1. A great little book Nikki with gorgeous imagery and design. How lovely to dedicate it to your dad and your friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to remember your you Dad. The book is just lovely. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little book is beautiful and a lovely tribute too. I love the engineering elements on your dad's pages and the Gibson girls (?) look great on your friend's part of the book. Loving the hash tag sentiments too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous book.Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little book Nikki, I remember Candy's and yours is a great take on this, a lovely tribute to your Dad and your friend. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I utterly adore your little book Nikki. You've combined the stamping and background papers in such a clever way to create a great way of capturing memories of men in your life. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fab little book Nikki - beautifully laid out, fab decoration and I love the fact that you've reflected the different personalities of your Dad and Ron as you've crafted. A lovely remembrance for both. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki I absolutely love your book. There are so many fabulous details to look at and it's such a wonderful tribute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous. I see you have made this with love.
    Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nikki, What a fabulous little book, so many details and wonderful images. Thanks for the link to the tutorial, will check this out.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nikki, This is a wonderful tribute to both men. A great keepsake and a great way to remember them.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely little book - a great remembrance for you for the special men in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on being picked as top 3 at Fashionable Stamping challenges. You certainly deserve the honor! This is a fabulous piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous artwork- a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a completely fabulous mini-album, Nikki - every single page is a delight... I love the double page spread for your dad with the cranks and machinery. Brilliant cover too! Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki