Sunday 9 March 2014

Live in the Moment


Sunday morning and the sun is shining!

Recently started using MDF and here is my latest little hanging.

Used lovely Bazzil paper to cover the heart (which you can now hardly see!) and then Paper Artsy Fresco Finish acrylics.

Some stamping and stencils for the background.

The two clocks were Inkylicious stamps. The first was stamped on the same Bazzil script paper, and I used the outer ring of a cog die for the border on Kraft card with added ink and brass gilding wax. The second one was stamped onto card which I had painted with the same acrylics as the heart, edged it it black and then embellished with some cogs (with ink and gilding was as above). Finally a few grungy flowers and some chit chat stickers to finish.

I would like to enter this into:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Tick Tock)
That's Craft (Anything Goes)
Paper Artsy - Clare Lloyd Inspired (it was the use of my new Acrylic paints as Clare had used particularly on her pencil case that inspired me!)

Have a great Day
Nikki x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Nikki, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, i especially like the cluster around the bottom clock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, I love it, the soft blue is wonderful,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty piece of art. I really like the clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful piece full of lovely dimension! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours look great on your heart! Thanks for joining us at PaperArtsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab heart. thanks for playing along with us at That's Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful wall hanging! And wow- I never thought to play around with MDF, but I might have to try it now! I really like everything about this piece, but find the color palette to be especially lovely. You used such skill to combine so many different stamped images and textures and I love how the background fades away from the "Live in the Moment" sentiment. Truly a remarkable creation and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous wallhanging and a really beautiful piece showcasing lots of interesting detail and textures. Thank you so much for sharing this and for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki